Powered By Blogger

Saturday, April 3, 2010

1/100 MG MBF-P03R Gundam Astray Blue Frame 2nd Revise


A very hard work, but here it is. Finished and fully detailed. Quite an amazing MG kit, with a few flaws but I'll get to that later. 





As you can see, I've used the clear sticker on the shoulder armor. same goes for the right knee. 



The details on this kit are superb. I chose to panel-line the armor fully while panel-lining the exposed blue inner-frame partially since the panel-line on the exposed inner-frame are very defined, even without any lining.








Just look amazing that detail is.




Great articulations. It surpassed even the RX-78-2 2.0's articulations. This kit also shares a few similarity with the said kit, which I'll get to it later.









Now, time for the main event; Tactical Arm II or TA2.



Quite a fearsome weapon. And a lot off playability. Best part of the Tactical arm are its forms.




TA2: Flight form.






TA2: Gatling form.




TA2: Gatling Arm.




Personally, I prefer this one over the Gatling Form. Still heavy though. Note that I didn't use the Action Base2 that are included with it since I find it rather annoying than being useful.




TA2: Sword Arm.





Cool form, I have to say. The beam effect parts sucks, though. They could have at least mold it into a single part.




Not an official use for the Sword Arm, but looks cool nonetheless.






The coolest pose I've made so far (I think).




TA2: Sword Form. *queue Den-O Sword Form henshin sound*




Very heavy, and quite troublesome to pose with, but it's not that hard to do it, with just a bit of adjustment and weight leverage.









Additional accessories: Armor Schneider.



Hidden blade inside the foot. Would be nice if the made a hidden blade in the arm, like Altair's.


As I mentioned, this kit shares a bit of similarity with RX-78-2 2.0 kit. 





Static pelvis joint. Both kit even uses the same type of poly-cap.



Same type of poly-cap on the shoulder. RX-78-2 however has a piece to over the cavity inside the shoulder's  inner-frame.



FINAL VERDICT.



You'll love:
  • Articulations. Lots of posing possibility
  • Details. It beats the MG Gundam OYW ver. to the ground.
  • TA2. Best playability for the kit itself.
You'll hate:
  • Floppy skirts armor. They'll pops off way too easily, even when you try to adjust it.
  • TA2's weight. Thankfully it come with AB2, but I didn't find mush use for it.
My score: 4.5 out of 5


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers